|Health & Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health Module - Search for information on health, medication, and wellness topics from a variety of sources, including magazines, journals, newspapers, pamphlets, and reference materials. Many articles are available in full-text. This information is not a tool for self-diagnosis or a substitute for professional care. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Health Reference Center Academic - Use this database to find articles on: Fitness, Pregnancy, Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Alcohol and Drug abuse, HMOs, Prescription Drugs, etc. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Nursing and Allied Health Collection - All aspects of the Nursing profession -- from direct patient care to health care administration -- are covered in this collection. Including nearly 400 titles, this collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Read books about health online in the Gale Virtual Reference Library. Follow the link then click the 'Medicine' topic. For home access: enter your library card number.|
- MedLinePLUS – Health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- HealthFinder.gov – Health information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Empath Health
- Florida Department of Health
- FloridaHealthFinder.gov – Connecting Floridians with healthcare information, facilities, and practitioners.
- Pinellas County Health Department
- Suncoast Hospice
Physicians: Florida Health Practitioner Profiles
- Health Insurance Marketplace Home Page
- Quick Guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace
- How to Apply for Coverage
- Find Local Help