|AtoZdatabases : Search Jobs, Businesses or Mailing Lists - This simple, user-friendly, web-based solution provides details on every business and every household within the United States. FREE: email marketing, job search, mailing lists and sales leads, people look-up, and business profiles. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Business Insights: Essentials - Combines all of the content formerly found in Business & Company Resource Center with a new interface designed around the research goals and workflows of the diverse business research community. Easily find information on companies, industries and more in the context of timely news, statistical data, and in-depth reports. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Small Business Resource Center - Search this database to learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include; sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Demographics Now Library Edition - Robust and highly-detailed demographic data. Ideal for gaining consumer and market insight as you consider opening a business, finding an untapped audience for your products, analyzing the shifts and needs of a given population, and more. Reporting capability allows you to rapidly produce a variety of compiled reports to help you make informed and accurate decisions. This database is part of the Florida Electronic Library. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Read books about business topics online in the Gale Virtual Reference Library. Follow the link then click the 'Business' topic. For home access: enter your library card number.|
|Business Plans Handbook (Series of 34 Volumes): Search hundreds of actual business plans compiled by entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses throughout North America. Includes templates, fictional business plans, and a listing of organizations, agencies, and consultants. This ebook is part of the Gale Virtual Reference Library.|
Federal Business Links
- Business USA – A centralized, one-stop platform to make it easier than ever for businesses to access government services to help them grow and hire.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Responsible for wage and hour standards, occupational safety, unemployment insurance benefits, and economic statistics.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Provides support to small businesses and entrepreneurs. They provide information on starting and managing a business, loans and grants, and training.
- Grants.gov – A centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities. The system houses information on over 1,000 grant programs and vets grant applications for 26 federal grant-making agencies.
State Business Links
- Florida Small Business Development Center Network – Delivers consulting, training and information to help businesses succeed and create positive impact for the Florida economy.
- Enterprise Florida, Inc. – Partnership between Florida’s government & business leaders.
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Starting a Business in Florida – Information from the Florida Department of State.
- Sunbiz – Florida Division of Corporations’ online information center.
Local Business Links
- City of Tarpon Springs Dept of Economic Development
- Tarpon Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Pinellas County Economic Development
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) – Business training, counseling, and mentoring by retired executives. Connect with the local Pinellas County Chapter.
- Tampa Bay Partnership – A partnership between 11 regional economic development organizations, 150 public and private local businesses, and other stakeholders encompassing eight counties.
- Thomas Register (ThomasNet) – Find over 610,000 qualified manufacturers, distributors, MRO providers and custom manufacturers. Source over 100 million components, parts, raw materials, equipment and more.
- Better Business Bureau
- Business Owner’s Toolkit from BizFilings – Downloadable business forms, business plans, human resources forms, advice, and more.
- NASE – National Association for the Self-Employed
Business Journals and Periodicals
Subscribed Titles in the Library:
- Barron’s Weekly
- Best’s Review
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- DRIP Investor
- The Economist
- Investor’s Business Daily
- Kiplinger Tax Letter
- The Outlook
- Standard & Poor’s Bond Guide
- Standard & Poor’s Stock Guide
- Standard & Poor’s Trendline
- Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Value Line