To ensure that all patrons of the Tarpon Springs Public Library may safely and freely use the library, patrons are expected to observe this Code of Conduct. Behavior becomes unacceptable when it may cause injury to oneself or others, cause damage to the library building or property, or if it impinges on the rights of others.
No list is exhaustive; any conduct which disrupts the library is prohibited.
Behavior which may lead to denial of library privileges includes, but is not limited to:
- Any illegal activity
- Threatening, harassing or physically harming staff or patrons
- Damaging, defacing or stealing library property
- Carrying a weapon into the library unless authorized by law
- Eating, drinking, smoking or using other tobacco products
- Disruptive use of audio equipment, cell phones or other electronic products
- Solicitation within the library or its grounds
- Bringing non-service animals inside the library
- Bathing, shaving, washing clothes or other misuse of restrooms
- Talking loudly, making noise, running or engaging in other disruptive conduct
- Interfering with another person’s use of the library or with library staff’s performance of their duties
- Abandonment or leaving children under the age of 7 unattended
- Leaving personal belongings unattended or obstructing aisles or seating
- Sleeping or loitering
- Maintaining bodily hygiene that is so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to others
- Not wearing shoes or shirts
- Inappropriate use of library computers such as:
- Damaging or altering computer equipment or software
- Downloading or installing any program on the hard drive of any computer
- Sending, displaying or printing obscene materials
The library reserves the right to require anyone violating the Patron Code of Conduct to leave the library. Serious or repeated misconduct may result in suspension of library privileges, legal action, or criminal prosecution.