Streaming AND downloading
With Freegal’s new streaming service, you now have a DAILY streaming allotment of 3 hours in addition to the weekly download allotment of 5 songs. Counters are in the upper right corner and will keep you informed of your allotments and usage.
How to stream, how to download
Nothing has changed with the download functionality, except that the sample clips are now gone. Streaming is, after all, hearing a sample.
When you put your cursor over a song or an album, you will see a “Stream Now” button come up. That’s your cue to press that button and start listening. If you press that button on an album, the whole album will play in order.
You can use Freegal Playlists
This is a list of pre-selected songs in a genre that you are sure to enjoy.
OR, to create your own personalized playlist:
- Click on “My Playlists” under “Streaming” on the left side.
- Click on “Create and Store Playlists”.
- At the top center, click on the “+” symbol next to “Saved Playlists”.
- Name your playlist (ex. “The King”) and describe it (ex. “Elvis”).
- In that box, click on “Create New Playlist” and your playlist is ready to add music.
- Click on the “Home” page and start looking for music to add.
- To add an album, move your cursor over an album cover and a =+ will appear. Click on that, and then add to your chosen playlist option.
- To add an individual song, click on the image until you see a play arrow and =+ sign. Pressing the =+ will allow you to add the song to your chosen playlist.
Go Mobile with Freegal Apps
As always, Freegal Music is also a mobile experience. The new Freegal Music update for Apple and Android devices is in the Apple or Google Play Stores for you to be able to stream ad-free music, at no charge to you.
For more help, visit the Freegal FAQ page